This past week, I attended the Dermalogica, Sound Sleep Cocoon launch, but also recently shared a blog on “Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Liquid Essence & Overnight Camilla Mask” – both these beauty products highlight the importance of optimising night time skin recovery, not only for anti-aging benefits but also to revitalise and hydrate, for healthier looking skin. I also wanted to share more on what I believe will assist with and optimise your overall health and wellbeing – that being a good night’s restful sleep…
But before I tell you more about my own personal and absolute must-have luxury indulgence to getting that “oh-so-necessary beauty sleep” take a moment to consider the facts and what you need to know about the importance of sleep:
- The quality of our sleep has a major impact on our health and wellbeing: poor sleep could lead to chronic illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and depression.
- Sleep is as important as diet and exercise: whilst the media are full of positive stories about various diets, healthy eating programs, super foods, exercise regimes etc. – sleep, in the past was barely mentioned.
- In our modern world, statistics show that most people feel that they are performing at about 5/10 and not at their full potential – many purely because they are tired.
- Another statistic showed in tests that 75% of people around the world were feeling the same as they would if they were permanently jet-lagged. Humans are out of sync with their natural biological clock because they work at odd hours and overstimulate their minds with television and computers during times when their bodies and minds are meant to be resting.
- When we go to sleep at night, our brains begin to process all we have experienced during the day: in our information age, the amount of information we deal with on a daily basis is huge – whereas our parents or grandparents might have written 3 or 4 letters a day, the average person now deals with 300 emails.
- It is estimated that a single copy of The New York Times is about the same amount of information that the average person living 100 years ago processed in a life-time. Our bodies and minds have not evolved as fast as technology. Computers are designed to absorb this amount of information, we are not. We know that overloaded computers crash. What happens to humans???
- Aside from the hours we sleep, it is the ability to put the day behind us, realise that there is nothing more that can be done and hope that we did our best. The kindest thing we can do for ourselves at the end of the day, is to enjoy a good nights sleep, and as Scarlett O’Hara proclaimed in Gone with the Wind, “tomorrow is after all, another day!”
Now for the luxurious inside information, and one of my favourite discoveries, to achieving a good night’s rest:
The Hall Collection
The Hall Collection is my favourite linen company – not only because it is of the finest quality linen but also because they truly believe in bringing luxurious comfort and relaxation back to the bedroom.
In a world of mass production, true luxury should be responsible, carefully considered and sustainable. Their passion for genuine quality means that they offer the finest products made from only natural materials. All their mattresses and linens are European Eco-labelled, custom-made and hand-crafted to last a life-time!
The linens are entirely bespoke and are woven from the finest quality Egyptian cotton by Quagliotti in Italy. For four generations, Quagliotti have been producing their fine linen for private homes, Royal families and luxury hotels around the world.
Once you have slept in their luxurious linens, it is unlikely that you will ever want to sleep on anything else, ever again!
The Hall Collection represents Elite Beds of Switzerland and Quagliotti linens of Italy and are dedicated to creating extraordinary bespoke sleep solutions to live happy and abundant lives!
and to happy sleeping hours all,
To discover more about how to improve your health and wellbeing by choosing the perfect bed, mattress and linens, visit their showrooms in Cape Town and Johannesburg:
CONTACT: The Hall Collection
Debbie Reinders Hall
Mobile: +27 (83) 626 1058
Office: 021 422 5320
Tavia Lea Pharaoh
Office: 021 422 5320
Address: 31 de Lorentz Street
Mobile: +27 (82) 424 2278
Address: 5 commerce Place