The beauty industry may not love me so much for this post but I’d love to share with you what I’ve known for ages but only recently put to the test – and oh wow, have I loved seeing the benefits of using raw coconut oil on my skin (my face in particular). I am amazed at the results I’ve seen from using it for only just a short while now. My skin is glowing from the intense hydration and it may very well be my imagination but my pigmentation even seems to have improved, and seems less noticeable. I still love all my over-the-counter beauty products but love experimenting with natural products too, and have found that this actually shows a noticeable difference on my skin’s texture and appearance.
When you think about the health benefits of coconut oil, we’re going to guess that the last thing that comes to mind is rubbing the edible plant grease all over your face, your arms, or all over your hair! A growing body of research, countless experts, and an army of natural-beauty devotees swear by the stuff for just about everything! Are they onto something?
Yes! According to experts, coconut oil is used in many natural beauty products and with good reason: it is a natural antibacterial and anti fungal. It is an excellent moisturiser and penetrates hair better than other oils. You really don’t have to spend a fortune on store-bought products. In fact, all you need is one thing: Raw (and preferably organic) virgin coconut oil. So there you have it! But you really, actually have got to try it out for yourself! I use it at night only, to penetrate longer while I sleep. I do love hearing your feedback and would love for you to share your experience with me and how this beauty secret works for you.
Love & Best Regards,
Here are a few more ideas on how to use it, which I absolutely love:
1. Soothes dry hands
2. Can be used as a natural, cheekbone highlighter
3. It is widely used as a deep conditioner/hair treatment for dry hair
4. To shave your legs with (for those who don’t wax/laser). Yes, some people do still prefer shaving!
5. To remove eye makeup
6. Used as a body moisturizer
7. Add it to your body scrub
8. To cleanse your face, but most importantly use as a night moisturizer for ultimate hydration.
9. Great to use as a cuticle oil
10. Try using it for your baby’s bottoms with nappy rashes!! (My babies are way too grown up)